Re: tweek-o-mania.....M 13

> 1. Architecture:
> The way I understand it, it's four stompbox-style effects
> at once, plus a looper and a gate. The four effect engines
> can do any of the available effects in any combination (e.g.
> four stereo delays, or four seek wahs or whatever).
> Correct?
Correct, think of it as having 75 separate stompboxes, but you can only
use up to four at a time.  Aside from that limitation, you can order them
any way you want.  I've even experimented with some downright odd options.

> 2. Signal routing:
> There only seems to be a serial configuration through all
> four blocks (nothing parallel), right?

Correct, you can only run them in series.

> So how does that work? Is this effects pre/post looper in
> the looper's output chain (as the second statement
> indicates) or in the input chain (as the first one
> indicates) or something else entirely? Which of the
> following is possible:
> a) Input goes through FX, then input+FX goes into looper,
> looper goes out
> b) Input goes into looper, looper+input goes through FX
> c) anything else...
>
> I fear having two FX and two after is not possible...
 you cannot split them up like that, no, but you can set up a scene where
you have, say four effects to create your loop, then once you have it the
way you want it, set up a separate four effects and switch from pre to
post and effect the loop.

> 3. Those scenes:
> I don't get the concept of the scenes. The way I understand
> it, you have those four FX engines, and then 3 footswitches
> for each one to select one setting. Is a scene a complete
> collection of those 12 settings, or one of those 12?

   a "scene" is basically a layout of 12 effects.  for instance, pick 12
effects.  lay them out how you want to use them, say, a wah then a
distortion, followed by a modulation effect then a delay for the top row
of buttons.  The middle row, repeat with different effects as you would
need, say compression, filter, etc.  then the bottom row the same way.
that would comprise a scene.  Imagine having 4 stompboxes, each with three
presets, that would best describe it.

> 4. Feedback:
> How did that with looper feedback work again? Adjustable?

that, I don't know.