Re: ot: jazz on a tele...

Interesting...could have sworn I saw him with a slimline one time.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net> wrote:
Two things:

 Mike Stern plays a Yamaha Pacifica,  Yamaha recently produced a signature model:

http://www.headsup.com/mikestern/

http://www.bestcovery.com/yamaha-pac1511ms-mike-stern-signature-model

It's solid Ash and has a 7 1/2" fingerboard radius. Nothing like the flat Gibson fingerboards.

A Telecaster has the same 25 1/2 " scale length as every Fender (except the mustang, musicmaster and duotone)

Interestingly, Stern plays a slimline Tele, which is semi-hollow body. Also, the Tele has a 24 3/4" scale length. In these two aspects it's the same as an ES-335.

I didn't understand the tele-jazz connection until I realized this. And afterwards, it made perfect sense.

-George

http://www.zmix.net

http://www.esession.com/ChuckZwicky

http://albumcredits.com/zmix