looping with M-9 and Lp-1

  I have been using my M-9 and Lp-1 together lately , dedicating the
M-9's looping to be the pre effects looper and the Lp-1 to be the post
effects looper and re-sampler., I have been leaving the M-9 in pre
effects mode so that any of the loop content gets processed by the
M-9s other effects. I've come to prefer pre effect placement for
ambient playing, particularly if I use an expression pedal to control
mix and feedback.  Its also cool for rhythmic loops when using synced
delays, filters etc. Even a static sounding loop becomes more dynamic
and alive, when having really time control over effects placed after
the loop.  After the M-9 I place the Fireworx to further process the
M-9 loop before hitting the LP-1   I leave the synced stuff and longer
melodic and chordal stuff  to the Lp-1 and have been loving exploring
quantize replace on the LP-1  to capture samples of the M9's ambient
loops and turning them in to rhythmic  parts.  I know this is old hat
for some of you and I've used two loopers in series over the years
myself  but using quantize replace, particularly using it to turn
ambient content in to grooving syncopated rhythms  is new to me and
I'm very inspired with this new technique, and feel there is still a
lot of exploration to be done, particular in the realm of setting
different tracks on the LP-1 to different beat quantizations for major
polyrhythmic madness. Its fun getting back in to resampling after
being a one looper guy for a while as well, even though the one looper
was a multi track one.  Given the luxury, two loopers are always
better than one. I can't wait to get an Lp-2,  I could run 3 loopers
in series and then I'd never leave my room.
Bill

PS, hey a looping topic! imagine that, I must say I could blab about
teles and archtops and pickups and tone caps all the live long day. I
learned a lot from that thread.  Viva La OT!!!!
lastly,  Nice track Jeff, great exploration of the M-9's ambient side.
particle verb is really cool, you track inspired me to take a closer
look at effects I haven't really explored yet