Re: OT Fireworx figured out

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:22 AM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:
> Thanks again Per for the tip, and I'm really enjoying your new record
>with
> Erdem, did you announce to LD? Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag.

Yes, I posted a note a couple of days ago. But as you asked now I
checked my email and noticed the LD had sent back an error message on
that post. Anyway, the record is to be found under the Music Tab at
http://www.looproom.com/

I used a lot of the envelope follow technics you describe when mixing
Erdem's recordings on this album. I sent me a dozen audio fils
typically with three to six cello-guitar parts and each part also with
two effect processor tracks. The only way to make it possible to hear
all that massive sound as the music it was played as was to have each
cello or guitar duck out its own effects when playing. In fact our
brain does all this to sound when we are listening, so it is actually
not "cheating" only a lame try to give a more true picture of what we
experience as music - eh, when cramming it into the limited bandwidth
of a recording medium that is. ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se