From: Rick Walker
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
ReplyTo: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: WTB RME FIREFACE 400
Sent: Apr 16, 2010 2:51 PM

Hey Fro,

For what it's worth,   I had a long talk at the NAMM show with the guy
from RME.

I have a client that I'm helping to put together a state of the art
mobile recording studio.

Anyway,   he told me that since there were a plethora of USB 2.0 ports
on computers compared
to Firewire connections that they developed the RME FIREFACE UC (with
usb 2.0) as an alternative to the
FIREFACE 400 (with firewire).      He said that he personally thought
the FIREFACE UC was a better unit
(even though they are about the same price) and that they had worked on,
and improved the preamplifiers
over the previous unit.

Anyway, on his advice and because my client wanted to go back and forth
between Windows and Mac
operating systems,  I purchased it for him.

I have to say,  I'm completely blown away (especially because it sounds
so vastly better than my old and
sickly M Audio Firewire 400 and because I don't have a bat's chance in
hell of affording one).

The detail in the sound (using an Audio Technica ATM 4033) is amazing
and the bass is so rich, detailed
and yet,  not overwhelming.

This is one amazing unit and I can't more highly recommend it as a pro
-audio solution
if you can foot the fifteen hundred bucks or so it costs.

I'm just sayin'!

Rick Walker

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile