Re:Re: new avant-loop album

Andreas Willers wrote:

Berlin-based improv trio Grid Mesh with Frank Paul Schubert (as, ss) and Rudi Fischerlehner (dr) has just released a new CD on the British FMR Nice 21st century free music

nice indeed,

but what makes this C21 rather than C20?

lack of boring 70's style freejazz noodling, hopefully. Seriously, we consciously try to avoid certain free improv cliches while broadening the stylistic background in various 'soundscape' scenarios that we worked on in a process of recording jams and concerts, listening, evaluating etc. and thus developing our band sound.

Andreas