Re: Mixers - Inquiry

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Stephen Goodman
<spgoodman@earthlight.net> wrote:
> Every couple of years the technology changes a bit - and this being true
>of
> mixers, probably, I thought I'd ask about a good mixer with digital I/o,
>if
> not firewire?  usb just ain't fast enough I suspect.

USB is not much slower, more like "less efficient under strained
conditions". I know very little about modern hardware based mixers.
Since some years back I mostly use software mixers controlled by MIDI
or natively supported surfaces. My closed is full of old hardware
mixers from Tascam, Behringer etc that I never use. Maybe I'll do a
funny video some day where I smash them to pieces... or fill them with
soil to plant something.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se