Re: Somewhat OT- Internet rehearsal tools? - Zorap specifically

OK, here is a bit, I was thinking of it and it's a little hard to explain
:)

Get Ninjam, set it up, not hard.
Log in to Zorap, create a room. Easy. Give the others the url of the room,
nobobdy can find it w/o the url.
The mic can be turned on and off as you like or need. it might want to
dominate your soundcard but this is easily overcome with trial.

The way we have done it is to use Zorap for video and Ninjam for audio
because of the higher quality audio available.

There are latency differences between the apps but for our purposes it
didn't matter. We communicate via Ninjam in what seems realtime as you
know
Rainer, while watching the images in the Zorap room. Or you can chat via
Zorap for a closer sync with the audio and play the music via Ninjam.It
actually feels better than this description makes it out.

.Hmmm, this is not being explained well, lol, you almost have to dive in.
Here is a video of a show we broadcast live on Livestream using this
setup:
http://www.livestream.com/digitsignallive/video?clipId=pla_0f38eb11-f3b1-4eff-b9b3-b0ebbf546747

We worked on this a while and got the whole band except the drummer Ray
who
had problems w/Zorap so we brought him in with Skype.

The screen being broadcast to Livestream is via Jim using a screen capture
app called http://manycam.com Manycam.

The video is much smoother live in a chat situation than this broadcast
makes it out.

For rehersal purposes this might actually work pretty well. Ninjam allows
everyone to save multitrack copy of the session which is nice.
http://www.zorap.com/Landing.aspx
http://ninjam.com

Hope this helps some,

Jeff