Re: Digitech JamMan, FS3X foot switch

Mech wrote:
"To affect loops that are playing, you're required to use an external
footswitch (the Digitech FS-300(?)) and then change the time through
using Tap Tempo on that.  The normal Tap Tempo button can be used only
to time-stretch loops that are not currently playing back."

  Though I'm not apposed to tap tempo, I use it to set delay times, I
agree it's cumbersome for controlling time stretch and robs you of the
ability to slow things down or speed up gradually, though if
implemented correctly could allow one to match tempos more easily
playing live when not  midi or brother sync clocked to the other
musicians.  The FS-300, also known as the FS3X is the footswitch that
expands the capability of both new units as well as their other
products like the Timebender. These are sturdy three button foot-
switches that also work with the Electrix Repeater. I mentioned to the
list a while back that I had a nearly new one that I was selling but
had no takers, its still for sale BTW.  See how I slipped that one in?
Anyway, I actually appreciate that these companies allow you to expand
the foot accessible functions of their products.  The more capability
in a smaller footprint the better but there is only so much that can
be controlled from a multitasking single pedal looper.  That new Delay/
Looper seems to have appeared out of nowhere. The rep didn't even
mention it a couple of months back. Busy Bees those guys in Utah.
  Bill