OT: Great shows in Bay Area and So Cal

  Hey Y'all just wanted to alert you to two show's coming up. One that has already been talked about, The  Oakland show with Richard Pinhas, and Barry Cleveland's Hologramatron, http://www.21grand.org. I have been listening to Barry's record and it is really good, and I'm not just saying that because he is my friend, and says nice things about me in print from time to time. Strong songs,  great guitar playing, wicked cutting edge guitar tones from instruments like the moog guitar, loopage ala looperlative , and stellar contributions from the likes of Amy X, Rick (he ain't heavy, he's my brother) Walker, Michael Manring, Harry Manx , Robert Powell,  and Celso Alberti. should be an excellent show.
The other concert is at the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad just north of San Diego. This show will mark the opening of the Museum's exhibit on the history and origin of stomp boxes and will feature Henry Kaiser and David Torn. About two weeks ago i got a call from the museums director asking if I would be available to come down and open for Henry and David. Of course I was giddy like a chipmunk with a bag of nuts and said yes absolutely. last week she called back and said that they had sold very few advanced tickets and unless that turned around she wouldn't be able to hire me. wah wah wah wah..... so if you live in SoCal and are interested, or know people in the San Diego area who might dig this show, let 'em know, and who knows, maybe I'll be able to bring my little dog and pony show down to the Museum on Saturday afterall.. regardless of whether I make it or not, here is a rare chance to see and hear DT and HK up close and personal,  playing, and perhaps talking about what they do. And there is a really cool exhibit on all things stomp box. here are the details: http://www.museumofmakingmusic.org/
 Thanks
 Bill