Reflections on Kim and LD

Hi All;

  After hearing the news, two evenings ago, of Kim's passing. I spent
Sunday night / yesterday not only much more shaken than I'd realized, but
also focusing on reconnecting with friends / loved ones I hadn't spoken
with, in some time.

  One thing that became incredibly clear to me was just how much Kim and
this community have really touched my life. Over the last fourteen years
or so, many of the people from this list have given me so very much not
only musically, but personally as well. These are people that are real.
They are people I can call or go see if I need or would like to. These are
people I've turned to to share in happiness and sadness.

  This is so much more than just mysterious screen names on an email list.
-Even those that I haven't met, I've seen here for over ten years. this
community has been with me for a very long time. -Kim made this community
what it is. His presence and caring influence made this.

  I'm not exaggerating or being bombastic when I say that because of Kim
Flint and this community which he brought about and supported, my life was
and is made better. -Because of him, my life has been made fuller…

  My music and creative life has been made fuller; my personal life has
been made fuller; and my sense of community has been made fuller.

  None of this I'm overstating. -And all of this is truly, wonderfully
important.

  As I shared with those I've been talking with over the past couple of
days. I feel like this community is a large tree and now it feels as if a
root is missing. the tree is still here, with its branches, and it still
lives. So Kim still lives here too. -How can it really be any other way?…

  Please, to all of you, please accept my sincere thanks for your part
(whether you know it or not) in my life. I thank you, Kim, for sharing
your time with me and for the existence of this community and for your
presence in it.

  I appreciate you all taking time to read this and I hope I can give back
as much or more than was / is given me! :) I know our community will
continue to flourish and grow!…

  thank you all!!!

Smiles,

Cara :)