Re: Walker brothers Elegies

Bill that's neat, rich and apprapo and can see both Kim's indignation for it and your wonderful dedicated piece!  bet that was a hoot.

Jim

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:
Thanks Gareth,
 you joke about ebow's brought to mind something about Kim that some but not all  list dwellers might know about. I remember having a conversation with him about 6 years ago at one of Rick's Y2K events. We were talking and he said how much he hated Ebows. He felt they were the ambient musicians crutch and had been used to death, were a cheap method to create drones and sustain, and enough with this shoe gazer stuff anyway. At first i was a bit taken aback because frankly, I was one of those guys he was talking about :-) But then I realized , hey he's right!!!  So at that event, knowing he was in the audience I dedicated a piece to him, I think I called it the Kim Flint tribute Ebow Solo or something, and then I'd drone for about 5 seconds and then stopped and thank the audience. But actually I took his critique to heart and I rarely ever use my E-bow anymore.  I still dig it, but i've found other ways to create drones that don't require it.
 Thanks Kim for the influence
Bill

--
From Brooklyn To Glindran, a new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds
from the sale of this CD will benefit JDRF International.  jimgoodinpeterthorn.bandcamp.com.

www.jimgoodinmusic.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com
woodandwiremusic.wordpress.com