RC-50 firmware upgrade

Hello all

I'm new to this mailing list, I don't know if there are still people having a hard time with this looper since all the "bad" comments I find on the net are dated back in 2006-2007.. Anyway, I bought an RC-50 unit a few months ago and since I had read a lot about in online I immediately downloaded and installed the firmware update v1.1. I never managed to make it work so basically nothing happens when I press Loop Sync + phrase 1 or 2 (while turning the unit on) in order to switch to rhythm priority or sound priority. Nothing appears on the screen so I assume it doesn't work.

I recently realized that on the manual there was a page on the appendix that describes how to switch from rhythm priority to sound priority..so I assume my looper was v.1.1 already when I bought it. Which makes me think whether I did something really wrong by re-updating the firmware and now the function doesn't work. Please let me know if you have some solution. Thanks

Andreas