Re: Rép : Multi-tracks loopers questions

William Walker wrote:

> This way of using it is might mimic an EDP as you described but what
> Andy said about just moving to a new track and using sync record/
> overdub to record any multiples of the original loop or using sync
> bounce to add new content as you multiply the length is the way to do
> it,  that makes the most use the the LP-1's  expanded track capability.

The big difference in the 2 machines is that after a multiply
the EDP keeps track of "Cycles". Even though you multiplied
it doesn't forget how long the original loop was.
That's why it's good to keep the first (master )loop you recorded separate,
and not multiply it.

> have up to 8 midi commands from a single footswitch, you could double up
> the play/stop function with a multiply function.

;-) but then if you want to Stop/Start a few times you end up
with a massive loop

>I never really used the
> EDP much but I do know you are not the first EDP guy that doesn't want
> to give up a comfortable way to of doing things, and it was the same way
> when I switched from the Repeater to the LP-1. I gave up certain
> comfortable ways of doing things, but then I gained a vast array of new
> things I do that more than make up for it. Its a really deep machine
> with a learning curve, it will take more than two weeks to get
> comfortable with I assure you but the rewards are worth it. It ain't
> overkill, its expanded universe of possibilities......

I wouldn't say the EDP has less possibilities than the LP1.
More that they are different.

The Midi learn on the LP1 is incredibly easy to use.
...but I'm still working on finding the right
  combinations of commands to do the things I consider essential
  and still keep the number of buttons down to one bank of 10.

So far I didn't hit on a way to re-Record an existing track with one press.
(Erase>Record on LP1 is too slow)

andy