=?utf-8?q?Re=3A_R=C3=A9p_=3A_Multi=2Dtracks_loopers_questions?=

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:24 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> The obsession about getting a good set of buttons into just one bank
> is because I like to improvise structure as much as I like to
> improvise content.

Can't agree enough on that, Andy!

On my FCB1010 I have had almost the identical setup of seven banks
since my early Repeater/EDP days. Back then I used Ableton Live synced
on the side (sending in bursts of MIDI commands triggered by the pedal
buttons) but today I have recreated my old "structuring commands" as
scripts in the Mobius looper. But the general functionality is still
the same after ten years! :-)

> I agree it does make sense to have more than one bank available,
>especially
> with the Gordius using "song" mode.

That Gordius seems to be very good with LP1. I'm awaiting the
SoftStep, but if it doesn't cut it (or gets too delayed) I might
consider a Gordius. The FCB's only last exactly three years, so in the
long run they are not as cheap as the price tag makes you think in the
store.

I like to spread out the same looping commands over several control
surfaces. The big blessing with this is of course that it allows you
to better stay within the same foot pedalboard bank. I use a pedal
board, two hand button pads with mixer faders and the laptop keys. If
playing guitar it is easy to move over the right hand for a second to
hand controller and pull a command. Not so easy with other
instruments.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se