Re: this ever happen to you?

Talking of the audience walking out.
Once my band supported Casper Brotzmann.. I heard him say to his band just as he went on stage... "Vee play till all za audience has gone home..." fucker--- we couldnt load our gear out till he was done... 4 hours later it was just the band, us the sound guy and right in the middle of the room, Gibby Haynes from Butthole Surfers... they played another half an hour just to him, then gave up...
Mind you it was the Paridiso in Amsterdam... so I was well into it by then!

In the little bar in Oslo where I play now, often I have to go up to tables and say, "Im going to play now, its 30 kroner.. " If people look like they are leaving cos of that, I let them off the price, they usually stay after that... if people leave during a gig, I assume they have a bus to catch!

Welcome to my dream-world!

mark

--
mark francombe