Great Quote about Looping by Brian Eno

Derek Sivers who used to own CD Baby put up a wonderful
site of quotations about music and art.

http://musicthoughts.com/cat/1

Amongst many others,  I love this quote from Brian Eno.
It encapsulates so much of why I love looped music and music that
contains repetition.

"Repetition doesn't really exist.

As far as your mind is concerned, nothing happens the same twice, even
if in every technical sense, the thing is identical. Your perception is
constantly shifting. It doesn't stay in one place;"
                                              Brian Eno

and, while we are at it,   I think this one is particularly true about
self censorship in the creative process.
 Because of my own insecurity and self censorship,  I have to remind
myself of this one all the time.........
.......just like I have to constantly remind myself to play simply.

"Artists who don't censor their own work: Picasso, Miles Davis, Prince.
They're all people who just put it out, and have almost no critical
self-censorship. They say, "Let the market decide; let the world
decide." You might not be the best person to judge it.

That's a kind of humility, actually: it's a mixture of arrogance, which
says, "I know I'm fucking good." But a humility, which says, "I'm not
the person to decide."

                                                Brian Eno