Re: Software vs Hardware loopers

Philip schrieb:
> This is rehashing an old topic. I found a big thread from 2003 or so
> comparing Ableton Live and Hardware loopers, and recent threads
> discussing Ableton bugs, latency and glitches. If this has been
> discussed recently, please give me the thread title and I'll read it.
To this day, the most important thing about computer-based systems and
the question of "stage readiness" is the single point of failure problem:
When using a computer system, a problem with any single part of the
system (i.e. the computer hardware, os, audio application, plugins,
interface) will usually bring your performance to a halt. This is not
necessarily the case with non-computer based systems.
That being said, live audio on computers has come a long way since 2003
- at least if you're willing to do the necessary configuration work:
choose your computer wisely. Optimize your os and the setup of your
audio app. With all of that done, you can have a lot of fun with computers.

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs