Re: Re: Software vs Hardware loopers

Yes,   Mark,    you HAVE to loop at Y2K-X and furthermore,  in real time
if you want to perform there.

There are so many people who want to perform anywhere and there are so
many people who
use pre-recorded loops in their live performances who want to play
anywhere that
I have become extremely narrow on this definition for acceptance to
perform at the loopfestival......
otherwise I would be overwhelmed with eager applicants.

It is a LIVE LOOPING Festival...............not just a looping festival
and not a typical music festival.

If anyone performs at the festival,  they need to have LIVE LOOPING at
the heart of their aesthetic
and performance.

I am immovable on this point.      I think I have to be.

I had a very famous act play last years festival and though,  I enjoyed
their performances, they just
basically played over the top of pre-recorded loops.   As famous as they
are,  they won't be playing
again this year unless they are willing to change their mode to include
real time live looping:
Creating musical loops in real time in front of the audience.   LIVE
LOOPING!

respectfully,   Rick Walker  (for the Y2K-X 10th Anniversary
International Live Looping Festival)