Re: splitter box/patch bay thing

Behringer
Ultralink
mini-review

Main Stereo in, switchable to stereo out.

Then there are 6 channels that either split or mix,
individually switchable, each channel has an in and an out,
a volume control and a pan pot.

So it does do split and mix at the same time.

For each channel:
When in split mode, the pan pot cross fades the main inputs
to the channel out.
When in Mix mode, channel input is panned to main outs, and
goes direct to channel output.

..er..but that's what the diagram shows ;-)
(not a circuit diagram, but a schematic that shows
  possible routing...overcome the fear and those are
  the easiest/quickest way to find what a mixer can or can't do)

One of these won't do everything that Mark asks in his diagram.

Sound quality is more suitable for live work
than for posh studio.

It's all XLR apart from 2 channnels 0n 1/4 in jack.

I used one for a few years for my loop rig, after couple
of years one pan pot went a bit strange (still usable)
for a while.

andy