From: "david kirkdorffer" <unstrungone@yahoo.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 2:44 PM
Subject: OT: portable audio recorders

I too have the H2. Rainer is spot on with this observations. In my
rock-band
application, this is a problem:

2) the mic sensitivity switch has three positions. The lowest sensitivity
is
already too sensitive when trying to record an acoustic jazz trio.

NOTE: with there "seems" to be an ability to attenuate the signal that you
can
access, it is operating on the converted digital signal AFTER the
mic/pre-amp
where the clipping has already happened. Drum impacts are often the culprit
for
me. And the built-in compression systems are no help either. Great for
spoken
word and lectures however! :-)

So, if your sound pressure levels are less rigorous, the sound quality of
the
recordings is really o u t s t a n d i n g .

So, if you work with high sound pressure levels, investigate how any signal
attenuation is accomplished.

I hope that helps.

David.