POLYRHYTHMIC COUNTERPOINT was Re: Supporting the Y2K-X LOOP FESTwith a preview of my composition for the Looper's Delight Compilation Vol.IV

  Luis wrote:
"excellent Fabio!! id like to learn more about polyritmic
counterpoint,if u guys have any links to good sources id be very
thankful!....."

For what it's worth,  Luis (and everyone on this list), this is my
specific professional field of expertise.

    I am always available to this list to answer questions about this
and any other aspect of rhythmic theory, time permitting.     Please ask.

Rick Walker

ps   I was just thinking that I should have put 'off topic' on this
thread but I realize
that the cyclical superimposition of regular time signatures is about as
strong
a looping concept as any.    Before I looped the first time in the early
80's, I was very
interested in Steve Reich, Harry Partch, Terry Riley and musics of
Africa and Indonesia
which have their own different paradigms about juxtaposing repeating
rhythms.  A
good horn, funk band in the 70's was all about repeating parts.   Now we
just have machines to aid us in playing these kinds of musics,  although
I should definitely name
check the amazing Nik Bartsch' Ronin on ECM records if you want to hear
some truly beautiful and real time odd time superimposition.

pps   Thanks mucho, Fabio, for generously donating your sales to the
festival.
We can use every single penny we get this year.