Re: Polymeter - Polyrhythm - Changing Meter

Hello,

I think the overall point, which we seem to agree on, is that you write
the arrangement in the time sig & tempo etc that makes the most sense & is
the easiest to read. I was taugh by one of my composition teachers in
music school that you always work from the graetest sub-division back to
plan how you would right a piece. So, if there are 128th note values as
the greatest sub-division, you don't write the time signature as 64/128.
That would be ridiculous. It's still easier to have to deal with those
notes on the ocassions they appear. If everything is written in 128th
notes by some dummy, you simply turn them all into quarter or eigth notes
to simplify reading, & of course, counting.

My point wasn't that you should write a waltz that way at all. It would be
the opposite of simple, but no listener would know that the music was
written in 4/4 if it was properly notated, but it would be just a silly
excersize in complex notation.