Re: midi signal dissapearing...

Title:
Mark, in the list from FAQ you will find interfaces  Midisport 1x1, 2x2, 4x4 USB MIDI  from M-Audio
(formerly Midiman !), which has been reported to NOT provide power through the MIDI port.
It means you will NOT be able to power the second merger from the first one.

You have to power the second merger separately from an adaptor or from another MIDI keyboard
(or anything else with MIDI out that delivers power) plugged to the second MIDI-in. You can try
the latter just for testing.

You don't have to chop your cables either;-)
I was thinking about building a splitter similar to this one:
http://www.thomann.de/pl/ibanez_dc3.htm
but with a plug that matches the merger socket.

(Note that although I include links to someone's products I do not suggest to buy them...
they are just for information :)

Regards,
Michał

AANLkTiknDjF4rQqMygnGaRzc4fTfTHNxYbxXxeXjawd5@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">Kinda helps, the only tig is as I already HAVE a working merge box Im not buying someone else, the FAQ you link to does suggest that the power provided by the center midi pin, can be used up on daisy chained devices, to myabe thats it... Im gonna try.. its not easy tho, so for some reasome the power in is NOT exactly a Boss style so (but almost.. stupid) so I dont want to chop my power suppley cable to solder a plug , just to find out that  THATS NOT the reason...

Mark