Re: Mobius in a rack unit

To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Mobius in a rack unit
From: Rainer Straschill <moinsound@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 23:10:53 +0200

>Jeff Larson said (with regard to the Altium NanoBoard):
>> I've looked at things like this before, the problem with them for me
>> boils down to the operating system.  Besides the big things like how
>> you interface with MIDI, audio, and display devices, Mobius was also
>> designed with certain OS assumptions like virtual memory and a file
>> system.
8<
>> At the moment I barely have enough time to keep the Windows and Mac
>> versions going so I doubt this will ever happen.

8<
>I just had this idea because a) this hardware has everything you'd need,
>b) the "you can't fit Möbius into a rack unit" topic had come up just
>recently and c) the fact that I assume that something like Möbius (due
>to its eight parallel engines and a state-machine-oriented logic) really
>lends itself to be implemented on a FPGA.
>
>But there was a reason I neded my originall message with a
>smileyface...I perfectly understand that you don't want to get into yet
>another version to support.
>
>Yours,
>
>          Rainer

Hi
Since deciding to go the rack route, fitting a laptop or pc into a rack
is something I'm pondering.  I missed the earlier thread.
In IT server rooms, generally multiple servers are housed in 19" racks.
I'm thinking about getting such a rack PC case installing an adequate
computer into it.  I've yet to look into the keyboard/mouse/monitor.
-- G.