Re: MIDI sync with Time Signature Retention

Thanks folks. This is very helpful. I think I have isunderstood some things and left some other pertinent info out. ;)

I will not be changing time signatures; but I will be doing a lot of 5,6,7.  A scenario: I set up a 2 bar loop on my MPC60 at a tempo of 130 BPM in 5/4. I create a rhythm/synth/sample track. The loop on the looper should be the same as the loop on the MPC. Time signature as such is actually not important. It just needs to be 10 beats at 130 BPM. The looper should also responding to the Play/stop commands on the MPC, so it should already be playing the empty loop in sync with the MPC loop.

When I hit record I am essentially "punching in" over the synth. I will be feeding a mixer and singing/playing drums over the MPC base track.

Is this clearer? Again, thanks for all the help!

Best,
Matt