Re: Fuzzy repeater Memorys

I have to try this again sometime... I am mostely using the 16 note sequencer on my FX303 to send to the repeater, and I HAVE tried the GR30 on the pitch.,... but i have to admit Ive not had the success that Bill is famous for... I know he talks about the arpegiator sending midi notes to it, but I just cant get this to work, somehow the arpegg sequence is internal on my machine, some setting I have no doubt. Plus I never could figure out how one could switch this on an off during a performance (without Live-Repatching, another genre that I am a member of, mostly modular synth based) but then I read in Bills post... midi patchbay.. of course!! Course I dont have one so...

What I have had success at is the FX303 sending CCs, and triggering that way, except that as Im often setting this number live, I often accidentally go PAST a CC I didnt want and set the repeater to some weird mode, (like MUTE channels- so not so weird really)  and have a lovely couple of hours wondering why the repeater aint working...

I love the "swoop" that the peter does, as it finds the pitch.. till I used it in a recording, and decided that I cant really use it too often again... another wonderful peter trick that becomes unusable by overuse...

funny I dont get that with EDP.. I certainlu overuse SUSSUB, but it only makes me want to do it MORE!!! I just love that retro 8 note sequener thing so much.. I loved it when Tang Dream did it, I loved it when DAF did it, I even love it in Disco (Donna Summer I feel love (ok 4note)

Now with EDP,.. its all I do!!! cliché but cool!

I also hope that someday, Bill,  you will put one or two of the best Repeater improvs you developed out
onto a CD for posterity's sake.    The work you did with it was really inspiring to me at the time (just as your
work with the LP-1 is so inspiring to me now)..............now if I could just settle on the right damn midi controller
to control it all.

post them BIll NOW!! I must hear!!!

mark

--