Re: German audiences (WAS site specific looping)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> Actually,  I'm proud of the looping festivals because the audiences at
>them
> seem so
> attentive.  I've heard several people remark about that quality of the
> audiences.

IMHO the ultra wide range of variations seem to be the most amazing
aspect of USA. I feel good hearing Obama in the news talking widely
about "tolerance as the foundation for the constitution", knowing that
such tolerance is just another aspect of the freedom for any group of
nerds to totally zoom in on whatever their little groups happens to
fancy (like in this case, live looping).

Here in Sweden I have experienced a similar group vibe of intensified
listening in silence at traditional electronic music playbacks - not
"concerts", I call it "playbacks" because the trend is that a composer
plays back his produced music recording over an eight speaker surround
system while the audience is placed in the center surrounded by the
speakers. I enjoy attending such "listening gatherings", especially
with old electronic music from the era before the majority of
composers started using DJ inspired drum beats.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com