Re: Rang III Software Ver 2.0

Yes, all new units come with the new software preinstalled.

It really is working quite well. I thought I might find some glitches
being
that it took so darn long for v.2 to be released (figuring they were
trying
to overcome hardware limitations with software), but so far it's great.

The sound is absolutely pristine. I really like the fact that there is a
circle of LEDs on the front panel that indicate where your output levels
are, and you can always rely on the fact that "7" is unity gain. No muss,
no
fuss, no guessing. You can adjust the output levels for each of the 4
loops,
with 7 being unity and 10 giving you 10 dB gain. The numbers go from 0
through 10 so we can be just like Spinal Tap and play at "11"!

There has been some discussion here about the fact that most loopers
create
a 2 millisecond ramp down and ramp up at the edges of the loop in order to
prevent clicks. In my normal playing that is a non-issue and I haven't
even
tried to listen for that (I'm not an ambient guy...structured songs is
more
my thing), though I will. However, the option now exists to remove the
volume ramps in order to get a perfect, seamless loop (such as an e-bow
drone). Sorry, I haven't tried it yet, I will report back when I do. Mike
is such an absolute perfectionist, though, that I'll bet dollars to donuts
it works.

I wonder why manufacturers can't make a "zero cross" calculation in order
eliminate the possibility of pops or clicks. I used to drive myself mad in
Sonar Producer when cutting audio clips until I realized that if I cut
when
the wave crossed the zero axis the problem was eliminated. I guess that
kind
of calculation is difficult for a processor to make on the fly.

Anyway, I'm loving this thing. I'll trickle in some more info as I use it.
I've actually been using it for some time with v.1 software. It seems to
me
that "Undo" is working much more reliably now. I used to lose the ability
undo, and now it works every time.

Brian