Re: Y2k hits collection / video recording

On 5 Oct 2010, at 08:05, Rick Walker wrote:

> HI everyone,
>
> I am so completely and utterly over my head with this years' festival
> that I cannot possibly undertake a single other 'task'.  Not one more
>thing!
>
> I love Matthias's idea but it's up to you guys to document this festival
> if you want it documented.

oh, sure, you would have been the last person I would have asked to do
something ;-)

> I'm working as hard as I possibly can, day and night, to make sure that
>it even occurs.
>
> I do know two things:
>
> Bob Amstadt said he would try to document part of it..... so.....
>
> 1) why doesn't someone (Fabio?  Matthias?) contact him and ask him if
> they could borrow his equipment for the times when he can't document it?

I did yesterday...

> 2)  The wonderful live video artist, Mark Thorton (aka Arkmay) is going
>to be
> doing a documentary film on this 10th anniversary live looping festival
>so
> there will be some footage emerging from that I imagine.

great, I did not know! are you on the list, Mark?

> 3)  I encourage people to take 'guerilla'  footage of people's sets to
> augment the point and shoot method of the ustream footage.
> That's what I'm going to do during my sets.

I do not think I understand that... live mixing of cameras?
or are you going to ask someone to operate the general camera while you
play?

> Everyone has great ideas......................I challenge you all to do
>something
> proactive about it instead of waiting around for someone to organize it
>for you.

yeah, I know, my biggest problem is the ideas... I could have such a
relaxed life without them...