Re: Nanopad in Bidule

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
>> > for the moment, I'd just like to call SUSReplace on the EDP
>>
>> Why do you want to use a MIDI Program Change event for that? Isn't
>> MIDI Notes regarded a better choice for EDP control? And the Nanopad
>> already sends that event type. (just trying to understand what your up
>> to there ;-)
>

> virtual EDP, not hardware ... don't know if this makes a difference. I
> always use Bidule's midi learn to connect nanokontrols to plugins - don't
> know how to do it otherwise :)

I see, that makes sense. "How to do it otherwise" (as opposed to using
Bidule's MIDI learn functioin) would be to type in the bindings in
Bidule's Parameter window. A third way of making one object in Bidule
affect another is to mouse-drag a cable between the two objects.

When building Bidule stuff for my EWI I typically type in manually
because the EWI sends a lot of different MIDI events at the same time.
If using a Behringer FCB1010 one may "safe up" regarding the random
false MIDI events it spits out now and then by setting up bindings
manually. When I was using an FCB I also added Bidules for filtering
out all MIDI data except exactly the data to be used for controlling
the object in target - something that makes me eager to use Bidule in
the future instead of Mainstage (that lacks good MIDI input
filtering).

Not only MIDI is flowing in Bidule but also data. When typing in
bindings in the Parameter window you are not limited to only MIDI.
When creating complex modules (that may include Math bidules) a
combination of all methods is mostly used.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com