Re: Boomerang 3

So I just finished my first ambient looping experience on the Rang 3:)

So theres a decay knob on the left side on the rang that you can turn up which is similar to feedback. If you turn it all the way up then your previous overdub will only play once and if its all the way down it does phrase sampling, repeating the loop continuously at the same level. I tried it out with the decay knob set right to the center, inbetween the two extremes, and it did a nice job of slowly fading out my previous loops as I added more overdubs. What seems different with this than with an delay pedal is that decay does not start to happen till after you record your first loop and then put it into stacking(overdub) mode. So your first loop will repeat it itself at the same volume until you finish recording your 1st loop and then pressing the stacking button ......then the previous takes fade with each pass through as you add more. I think ambient style looping would work well with a Rang 3 if you did these things

-Set it in free play mode where all loops play unsynced
-Set the optional stacking behavior so you can record seamless loops w/o volume ramps at the loop boundaries
-Turn the decay knob so previous overdubs slowly fade as you add new ones

Keep it mind I'm absolutely clueless on the subject of ambient looping so take this account with a grain of salt:)

Stereo/mono speaking - My bass is going through an M9 and going into the rang3 stereo and my effects sound like they are in stereo to me in all three loops .......so that would mean it's 3 stereo loops I would think? You have like 4 1/2 mins of looping time in stereo if you have it set to 48khz so I would assume that's combined time if you are using all three loops at the same time in free play mode.

I need some chocolate peanut butter cups.

Happy Halloween,

Todd Matthews