Re: D-tar solstice effects loop

I couldnt have said it better myself, only to add that MY point was to highlight the difference between an effect that retains the stereo image of a stereo signal and indeed processes it correctly IN stereo (as in true stereo reverbs etc) and those effects that ADD some stereo effect.

Indeed reverb can add stereo to an otherwise mono signal, but in my case I was referring to 2 types of stereo in my signal. The stereo generated via effects in my signal chain (as guitar is mono therefor all stereo is generated) and then a stereo effect added to the MONO loops. I do NOT (anymore) try to use 2 EDP in stereo, or indeed the repeater, preferring to leave that kind of subtlety to the er.. subtle people..

Whereas me..? I like a good ole multi band pan!!!

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:08 PM,  <nemoguitt@aol.com> wrote:
> << so everything SOUNDS stereo, just not real, proper stereo.>>
>
> could you explain this, i've never understood the difference.....tanks
> mucho!

When talking about reverb the term "true stereo" is mostly used. This
means that if you send a stereo signal into the reverb and this signal
contains a sound at one side of the stereo field the reverb is not
just playing back the room a little more on the side - even early
reflections are simulated earlier on the side where it is to appear
more close to the imaginary wall.

But I guess that in this thread "true stereo" simply means sending a
stereo signal into a stereo process (here two parallel mono loopers
forming a stereo pair) rather than sending a tapped mono signal into
the stereo process.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se