Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative trick

Andy:It *is* possible to drop the 8th notes in accurately, but there's a
special technique to be learned where you hit the footswitch just in advance of the beat.
yep, I've been working on that with a twist. I usually press quantize replace after i strike a note or during a volume or tone control swell on my guitar to avoid sampling the attack of the note. sounds less guitar like that way, more synth-like.  This has become my go to way to create the kinds of sequencing type parts,  I used to do with the Repeater but with ought the pitch shift -mellotron -pitch shifting aspects, and no midi controller required to achieve the effect. For me it has  a similar vibe though.  But it makes it so I  have to strike the note two beats ahead and hit q- replace one beat ahead, if I really want to nail a downbeat or a particular beat in the measure I've created (which is what my blank first loop is acting as), but its really hard to be accurate and.............
Andy:...but to be honest, it's not worth the effort, just flailing around
gets better results without the hassle.
And I would add to that  the cool thing is it is unpredictable,  which creates note sequences you might not other wise think of and you can continually evolve and devolve it by either adding content or subtracting by replacing while not playing. (replacing with space) But someone with a strictly compositional sense might find it maddening. me I love the fact its never the same way twice but it is possible to have predictable results such as if i played the same note sequence as I hit q-replace in time. also its important to note that on the LP-1 in order to have a sus style command similar to  the EDP . you have to double up the quantize command on the preset you create. That way you only have to press the preset switch once to initiate the command.
Bill