Re: softstep. anyone using it successfully?

I can say "yes" I used it successfully.  I LOVE the feel of the pedal.  I noticed that my timing (when looping) is way better than with a FCB1010 or the EFC-7, and without the audible noise of the pedal being pressed (esp the FCB... kachunk!).  I like it A LOT better than either of those controllers.  I had the software figured out within a day and had no problems controlling my EDP's.  My presets were basic: send a note value to each EDP with "Foot On". I messed around controlling the feedback with CC values too.

I'm looking forward to controlling my midiverb's too. Only made one scene so far, so not much experience with the nav keys. I also noticed that they required more pressure, but I stand and play so not a big deal for me.

The biggest drawback for me is that it doesn't work in standalone mode, i.e. for the pedal to work it must be plugged into a computer with the SoftStep software running............... WHAT?  Garg... that's like buying an "electric" car and finding out that it ALWAYS needs to be plugged in to work.  Pff...

I'm holding out hope that their promises ring true.  I think that they will, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Peace,
Adam