Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative/EDP trick (composition?)

--- On Thu, 11/11/10, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> From: andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative/EDP trick (composition?)
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Date: Thursday, 11 November, 2010, 13:47
> Stephen Scott wrote:
> > andy wrote:
> >
> >> It's also possible to use a related trick called
> >> Cycle Quantised SUS Insert.
> >> You tap in a single beat short loop, then each
> foot tap
> >> increases the length of the loop by a beat.
> >> That means when you're bored of 5/8 you just drop
> >> in a couple more beats and go to 7/8.
> >>
> >> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andybutler/edp/tripwire.mp3
> >
> > That's a nifty trick, I've had a quick look through
> the manual, can't find how to do this on the EDP (I've got a
> script for it in mobius though).
>
> Quantise=CYC
> InsertMode=SUS
>
> If you like, you can also do RecMode=SUS, but I usually
> stay with Recmode=SAF
>
> First small loop is done manually.
> Two quick taps of Record (or just one press if
> RecMode=SUS)
>
> Now each step is added by a single press of Insert
>
> andy

Ah, I see now.  You're working in cycles rather than sub-cycles.  In some
ways it might be more manageable to add another sub-cycle rather than a
complete short cycle - I'm finding that I'm getting very large numbers of
cycles otherwise after multiplying (which btw also behaves in SUS-fashion
when INS=SUS), so I need to reset INS=RPL and end Multiply with REC.

Stephen