Midi question for live setup

I want to be able to send the midi note on/off message for the note E1. This will allow me to mute and unmute my instrument mic on channel 1 of my mixer. Anybody know of a really efficient way to accomplish this in a live setup? A single programmable footswitch that can do midi notes with a midi out jack would have the smallest footprint. For my M9 - Rang 3 setup I don't need any other functions other than to send the note E1 to be able to mute/mute my mic that goes directly into the mixer. I'm using my rme fireface as the mixer but in standalone mode so its not hooked up to a computer. It can be controlled by midi in mackie emulation mode.