what I do on a PC?

> I have to do my thing for a corporate gig and they insist that I use a
> PC. Sigh....

First of all, I'm really delighted to hear this. Having someone like
you as part of the Möbius community will help Möbius - and maybe give
you some new ideas as well?

Now to your main question:
> What is the equivalent of Apple Script on a PC? I launch Apple Scripts
> to open and close Ableton sets...does anyone do this on a PC?

As someone already mentioned, there's no simple solution (at least not
which I know of), as you can't select files in a dialogue with
keyboard shortcuts.
Two workarounds come to mind:
1. Build all the sets into one set.
2. At the end of each set, end Ableton Live (via alt+F4). Have Live
start from a batch file that successively calls Live, every time with
a different set on the command line. This way, you can cycle through
sets in a fixed way (or even use keyboard input to branch). Downside:
Live needs to start anew every time you change sets.

          Rainer