Re: RE: review of BOSS SL-20 Slicer and description of my Noise Rig

Well, Bill Putnam has made me a prototype of the unit but we still have not
implemented data looping and midi sync and we still have not put it
inside of
a small box.      Bill's unbelievably busy with a zillion inventions,
raising his wonderful
family and, of course, his company, Universal Audio,  so it may be a
long time
(if ever) before it hits the commercial marketplace..........sorry!

Michael Peters wrote:
> The big downside of this thing is that the patterns aren't editable.
>Where's the
> Walker Glitch Pedal that you promised, Rick??:)

Also,  syncing the Boss Slicer to a Looperlative LP-1
solution and then using operations like 'Q Replace'   (INS = SUB in the
EDP) with a Q value
is equal to the 'sub pulse' of the Slices in the Boss
can easily allow one to 'cut'  perfect 8th or 16th note slices of
silence into
the generated pattern which makes the units' slices customizeable.

The only trick is learning how to substitute silence by triggering the Q
Replace function
on the sub pulse interval that directly preceeds the silenced slice you
want to create.

I'll tell you, though,  it really increases one's rhythmic acuity to
learn how to do this.
It means you not only need to know exactly where you want silence placed
(not just the
rhythm you want to create but the 'negative' spaces before and after the
notes you want
to sing, but also you have to think one 1/8th or 1/16th before the note
you want removed.

That's some timing acuity for you and it takes practise.