Re: Dumb newbie's question...Ableton anyone?

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:19 PM, patrick dunn
<patrick@networked-learning.com> wrote:
> Hi all - please forgive what seems to me to be a bit of a dumb
> question...but are all you live loopers out there using computers much??

Yes, almost entirely. But five years ago I used only hardware boxes.
More specifically one EDP, one Electrixpro Repeater, one Akai MFC42
filterbank and one Lexicon LXP5 effect processor. All this in a gator
rack with a Euro mixer on the top to blend the tone.

Today I do quite similar looping in the Mobius looping software. First
I used it hosted in Ableton live (2005), then I used it hosted under
Bidule, then as a standalone application and finally hosted in
Mainstage (yes, I left Windows on the way and today use only Mac
boxes).

I don't mind much how software application look because I don't look
much at the screen. When playing is not much different for me using a
laptop compared to using my oldest hardware rig. The difference is
that I now can experiment more and bring my actual instrument with me
to more gigs (laptop bag + noise maker + MIDI pedal board)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com