Re: sequencers

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
KORG microKONTROL here.

You cant argue with 500 kroners for a little controller, thinking of getting one for mobius... I want some buttons to fire off scripts with, and my eyesight is so poor I cant use the keyboard onstage... well I can but its risky..!

I cant agree with not having velocity however, for film music programming, its a necessity, both in terms of feel and speed. I know that doing 25 extra "takes" of a piano part, just to get the velocity of my playing right will still save time than going in and programming the velocitys by hand, despite the accuracy of that approach. I would do that if I had all the time in the world, but usually (OK ALWAYS..!!!) I get ...
"Mark.. we need a piece of upbeat/sad/exiting/uplifting music.. we need it in 3 hours"...

Im the KING of writing beginnings (that are faded out by video editors)

Can't write an end to save my life!

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com