Re: USB drives me nuts

Rick Walker wrote:
> Gosh, I had assumed that the IRQ issue was resolved once Win XP came in.
> I've never had a single IRQ conflict since I last used Win 98.
>
> Did I just get lucky or am I correct in my assumption?

The problems nowadays don't appear unless you're
doing realtime audio.

While XP is better at letting devices share IRQ
basically what they did was took away the user's
control.

Luckily I'm not using my desktop pc for live looping,
the audio interface usually gets shoved on the same
IRQ as the video card, I haven't been able to change that.

I remember juggling IRQs back in win3.1 days..
I'd love to go back to those days when the user had power
over the whim of the OS.

andy