Re: Travis & Fripp (an article about looping ?)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Fabio_A <eterogenus@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Or do I have to call my "customized" set-up "fabiotronics" ?

How about "Anileations"?  ;-))

To be serious, I think those -tronics and - scapes names are to be
seen as branding in a marketing perspective. "Looping" is a less
exciting word and these guys were just clever to pick something with
better public appeal. I agree with you that as a technical/musical
description "looping" is the most accurate. But music consumers don't
look for accurate descriptions of what the artists are doing, they
just look for some magic to elevate the sense of being alive.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com