From: tEd ® kiLLiAn [mailto:tedkillian@charter.net]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 1:19 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: (OT) REJECTING MASS MEDIA CULTURE (Was Re: Epic Octatrack Performance Sampler Teaser....

Whoooooweee . . .

Well, I have just one further suggestion for all of you . . . at least for those of you that still have TV sand DVDs players or internet accesst to YouTube (LOL).

Do yourselves a favor and watch the (rather longish) BBC dcumentary called "The Century of the Self" if you ever have the chance.

Watch the whole thing (at 4 or 5 hours) it'll do you some good.

It's on YouTube (in many, many short segments) and it will turn your head around about a lot of things.

I don't particularly worship and adore the hippy dippy trippy '60s (as an era or a generation) at all . . . they sort of successfully held up a mirror to what went before and said "f**k off, hypocrites" . . . it's true.

But they (we) were less successful at looking at themselves (ourselves) in the mirrror . . . and seeing that they (we) were also subject to being the willing dupes of larger powers and their own needs and wants.

As people, we need to start looking in the mirror ourselves.

The next generation needs us to.

Cheers,

Ted