Soundplant on Windows 2000

It seems I'll have to run my Soundplant 39 on a Windows 2000 laptop.
Has anyone used this OS on Soundplant 39?

I know there's Soundplant 26.1 available too that should run on the older OS.
But I have been told that win2000 IS basically XP.

If anyone has experiences with win2000, Soundplant 39, much appreciated to hear!!

--
Petri Lahtinen
http://www.petrilahtinen.com