Re: So, what new gear did Santa bring you?

Sjaak Sez:
I only sold gear, didn't buy anything new, no kidding. Happy holidays
my friends! :)

  I tried to sell some gear on Craig's list just before Christmas and
all i got was weird scammer e-mails about shipping out of state and or
money orders . I still need to sell the stuff to pay for my lap steel
being built so I may post here before I move to e-bay.
  I did get to play Santa for my friend Daniel Thomas  who's wife
splurged and ordered a Bear Creek weissenborn style lap steel, and
Bill Hardin the maker was able to get it done in time but not early
enough to get it here by mail by Christmas.  So I drove 75 miles south
to King City to meet him at a Star Bucks half way from his home in
Cambria  to get the instrument. Though not exactly a charitable
gesture if felt great to be in on the conspiracy which took him
completely by surprise and made him very very happy.
  Bill