Re: OT: was $280 Midi Guitar (andy's trick) + is Stringport better then AX50

Hi. Thanks everyone for your responses. tEd, how do you feel about the StringPort now that you've had it for a while?

Also, I appreciate that they are technically different animals, apples to oranges, etc, but re-reading the responses it still seems to me that the result is the same when it comes to controlling midi plugins (that are not part of the Stringport suite.)

Both can be set to take signal from each string separately and output the midi data--it's just that Stringport also analyzes the audio in much more complex ways... ultimately it still sends out midi data to control the sound. So AT THAT POINT, does feel like it track better then the AX50?

The Stringport software is icing on the cake, in other words, but do the bonuses of having to deal with all that extra complexity (and CPU usage) also extend to the midi data that it ultimately sends out to control my regular plugins? And tEd, speaking more generally, has that complexity been defeating or was it just a minor speed bump on the way to something better?

Who knows, Andy's Trick may be enough of a boost, if I can find where to enter that setting, which I still can't. So if anyone has a suggestion there, please point me to the right tab or whatever. Here again is Andy's trick:

> > The midi converter has to be set to send Midi pitch bend
> > (which can be switched off),
> > and then the amount of midi pitch bend has to be matched between the
> > midi converter and the synth that's being driven.
>
> Anyone know how to find this setting in the the AX50 software?

Thank You!