Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

Rick Walker wrote:
> It does concern me, however, when you compare it critically in print and
> the fact of the matter
> is that you haven't sat down and done your homework in your criticism.
> I've just been trying to make the record straight in the interest of
> fair critique and
> analysis.

To be fair, I think Mark made a very valid point.

The EDP comes with a seven button interface "out of the box"
which can do just as many tricks as a carefully programmed  LP1.

Yes, with the LP1 it's easy to set
up a banks worth of buttons with a basic midi controller.
What isn't easy is to pick a bank of buttons that will
more or less do everything a particular user would want to do.

Apart from that, they're just such *very* different beasts.
Being familiar with one is bound to make the other seem awkward,
and to transfer from either one to the other would mean giving up a lot.

respectfully

andy butler