Re: Re: The EDP and the Looperlative

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Dustbunnies wrote:
> Anyway, thanks for the background on the EDP control functionality.  Now
>if
> I can just get somebody to explain to me in plain English what 'Loop
> Windowing' is, mebbe I can figure out how to get the LP1 to do that.  ;D
Alas, Loop Windowing is one of the coolest things that the EDP does (imho)
and is not possible in the LP-1.

I'll probably mangle this, but my understanding is that 'Loop Windowing'
was a bug that people deemed fascinating so they left it in (I can't
remember who
was it's champion but I imagine it was either Andy Butler or , perhaps,
Andre LaFosse---
historians, please weigh in here with accuracy,  my mind is very fuzzy
and I want
to give credit where credit is due).

As I remember, and it's been a while,
if you change the length of the original loop,   the machine
keeps the original loop in it's buffer though all of it is not being
played.

Consequently,  when one hits an undo,  it will move the newly truncated
loop length forward (or is it backwards) through the original loop in
the buffer.

This can be used in very beautiful ways and has been by Andre, Andy and
many, many others (even moi).
It has a morphing effect that is very hip.

rick walker