Re: Piano lessons advice (O.T.)

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Louie Angulo <louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi gang,
I just got a digital piano this x-mas and i m looking for a good way to learn to read the notes,chords etc. to start playing easy pieces.

Im sure you will get lots of help with this, I too want to improve my keyboard skills, and want to learn to read...
But... heres a trick that no-one told me.

Take both hands and without looking, play 3 notes with each hand, reach a good distance apart and make the middle finger play a black note, and thumb and pinky white notes...

Listen to the resulting chord, do NOT wince at its discordance, its NOT THAT BAD... adust a finger on either end, up or down a note, find the clashing notes, move them about a bit-.. pretend you know what you are doing, look confident, leave long gaps... to tap the cigarette ash into the ashtray precariously placed on the top few keys...

Play a new chord, at least 5 notes away from the original...

Welcome, you are now a pretty advanced keyboard player...

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com